The Apple Lover’s this recipe is just for you. Like most of my latest post this is easy to make so why don’t you go ahead and give it a try.
- 1/3 cup whole rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almonds flakes or other nuts of your choice + some more to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 cup coconut flour or oat flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon spice like nutmeg or ginger
- 3 tablespoon hardened coconut oil, plus more for brushing
- pinch of salt (I use Himalayan)
- 3 medium apples, chopped
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Combine the oats, nuts, flour, maple syrup, cinnamon, spice, coconut oil and salt in food processor and pulse until just combined. The mixture should be crumbly. Place in a fridge until ready to use.
- In a bowl, toss the chopped apples (keep a few slices to go on top) with the apple cider vinegar.
- Brush a bit of coconut oil onto the bottom of cake pan, and add the apples. Sprinkle with the crumble mixture and nuts.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for 15 minutes more, or until the apples are soft and the crumble is golden brown.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.