I made hair cream for my daughter the other day, and because it was so good, I made an additional jar for my partner too. He loves it! I thought it was worth sharing the recipe with you all, because the cream makes your hair grow faster and it smells delicious 😋.
- Cocoa Butter – I used edible organic cocoa butter drops
- Coconut Oil – The best one for this cream is fractionated coconut oil, because cocoa butter solidifies at room temperature and we need something to keep the cream soft
- Jamaican black castor oil – Check out my blog all about it here.
- Rosemary essential oil – Promotes hair growth.
- Prepare a jar which you are going to keep the cream in.
- Fill half of the jar with cocoa butter.
- Fill a small saucepan with about 1-2 inches of water and set the glass jar inside, set on low heat until melted.
- Add castor oil (2-3 tbsp – dependent on the size of the jar), coconut oil (fill up the rest) and essential oil (about 20-25 drops).
- Stir the mixture very well.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until the mixture is cooled and set up.
- Remove jar from the refrigerator and allow the cream to reach room temperature before using.
Store at room temperature (for a nice, creamy consistency) and use within a month. Refrigerate any amount you will not use within that time.
Just so you know! 🙂
A little bit of this cream goes a long way, so start with a very small amount when you first use it. Dip clean fingers into the cream, rub a small amount onto your hands, and apply to your hair.
If the cream causes your hair to look greasy, you are using too much.
I apply the cream on to Vienna’s hair every morning. I love the shiny, curly look she has as she is still a baby and her hair is short. I have noticed that her hair actually grows much faster now.
I am very much looking forward to seeing the development of her hair, and how much hair she will have when she grows up.
If you liked this post, please show some love and like, share and comment.
Let me know your feedback if you decide to make the cream, I would be more than happy to share your story!
Love you all! ❤
KASIA – GORAKAS